LCOE participates in several European projects funded by EURAMET (European Association of National Metrology Institutes) collaborating with other National Metrology Institutes (NMI).
These projects are focused on developing pre-normative testing, new prototypes for measuring systems, calibration procedures, etc.
The main research lines in which LCOE participates are:
- Very Fast Transients (VFT).
- Partial Discharges.
These developments provide us new and more effectiveness methods for industry applications
LCOE offers new facilities developed and procedures for testing and calibration purposes.
- Active and reactive energy measurements in high voltage grids up to 24 kV with harmonics content up to 5 KHz AC.
- Phantom power source to generate voltage and current waveforms with a frequency content from the fundamental frequency (16.7 Hz or 50 Hz) up to 5 kHz (for harmonic contents) for voltage level up to 25 kV and up to 500 A for current for laboratory and on site calibrations.
- Very Fast Transient (VFT) calibration setup composed by a step voltage generator up to 100 kV with a rise time less than 10 ns and a reference measuring system. GIS installation.
- Procedure for the calibration of Energy Measurement Systems (EMS) used in AC railway systems.
- Procedure for the qualification of PD analysers working in the High Frequency range (0.1 - 30 MHz) used to analyse the insulation condition of High Voltage DC and AC cable systems.